A&R Aviation successfully completes first AS565 MBe Modification project for Indonesian Navy
A&R Aviation in partnership with a local PT Defence Services provider has recently completed the first avionics modification and upgrade package for the end user, The Indonesian Navy.
The modification package consisted of the installation and integration of several new systems for one of the Navy’s new AS565 MBe Panther Helicopter.
A&R Aviation, based in Western Australia became the obvious choice for the prime contractor based on their ability to solve problems on the run, providing quality oversight along with experienced, type rated engineers to the project. A&R being on site with the prime contractor and end user enabled the teams to install and integrate the modification package to the helicopter with minimal downtime and ahead of schedule.
The upgrade package consisted of Installation & Integration of.
- A new, standalone moving map system, displaying onto a new multi-function display (MFD) in the cockpit.
- Traffic Collision Avoidance System (TCAS II)
- Helicopter Terrain Awareness & Warning System (HTAWS)
- Cockpit Voice and Data Recorder & Flight Data Acquisition Unit
- High Frequency (HF) Radio & Tailboom Mounted Antenna
- Iridium/Honeywell SkyConnect System
- Mode S/IFF Transponder
- New Passenger Intercom System (PAX ICS)
The AS565 Panther is the military version of the Eurocopter/Airbus AS365 N3 Dauphin medium-weight multi-purpose twin-engine helicopter. The Panther is used for a wide range of military roles, including combat assault, fire support, anti-submarine warfare, anti-surface warfare, search and rescue, and medical evacuation (MEDEVAC).